Meter Data Acquisition & Management Software
VISIONTEK 15A, a menu driven Software used by the utilities for reading remote HT, DTR and Substation meters.
VISIONTEK 15A, a menu driven Base Control Software (BCS) to be used by the utilities for read remote HT, DTR and Substation meters. It is built around security features required in a Networked Environment.
BCS can be configured to read a remotely placed GPRS modem as well as meter. The user can navigate thru various functions of the software like Reports, Data import/export, Event/Tamper monitoring, Configurations etc.
- Flexible in design to accommodate any meter make -- Protocols/memory maps of new meter makes are required for this.
- Has Registration, scheduling, inbound and outbound dialing features
- Registration: Required when new modem or meter is being installed. This registers both modem and meter locations along with customer/feeder/DTR details in the data base.
- Scheduling: Provision to configure data transfer intervals from the remote modem -- Daily, weekly and monthly schedules are available.
- Inbound dialling: This is the standard mode of data transfer where the remote modem dials into the server or pushes data into the GPRS cloud at the scheduled time.
- Support for outbound dialling: Data from a specific location can be requested from the Central or Application server on need basis. This is generally resorted to when the operator finds some misses after observing the daily/weekly schedule.
- Capture of all baseline data parameters such as instantaneous values, average p.f, Energy Values, abnormal events such as voltages/currents/power missing and restored, modem communication failure, cumulative energy, energy consumption, MD value, etc.
- Generation of graphs pertaining to above baseline data.
- SMS request to get instantaneous parameters to 5 authorized users - Configurable.
- SMS alerts on abnormal events to five authorized personnel on power outage and restoration (increases SMS billing for customer).
- Interface options with Optional modules (from third party vendors) such as performance indicators (SAIDI etc), Energy Audit etc for high end MIS.
- Customised report generation on baseline data.
- Uses GPRS technology for packet data transfer with protocols for data integrity.
- Developed on .NET platform & uses RDBMS Database.
- Data export in various formats viz. CSV, ASCII etc. are supported.
- Supports Over the Air (OTA) feature for upgradaiton of firmware in remote modems.
- Fully automated turnkey solution
- flexiblity to incorporate any make meter and adopt for new protocols
- scalability to handle any number of remote locations
- Data transfer integrity and load tested for receiving data from multiple locations
- Easy maintenance of firmware in remote modems through OTA feature. All schedules and other settings can be done remotely. No need to visit field locations
- Secured mode of data transfer
- Provides regional and network heirarchy
- Reduction of AT&C losses due to efficient energy accounting, energy audit enabled by AMR
- Reduction in recurring expenditure of manpower on field visits and re-deploying them for other productive work